Today marks the launch of our new #BeautyofBristol competition which gives anyone the chance to win an incredible prize bundle of a new Samsung 5G phone, a hot air-balloon ride and a beauty treatment. The competition has been launched as we build up to the Bristol Young Heroes Awards 2020, with the winner being announced during the online stream of the event on Wednesday 16th December.
The competition is simple, we’re asking you to submit your own photo that captures something of the beauty of Bristol! It could either be a group of people, a particular part of the city or an iconic landmark. The competition has been launched to inspire people to capture the positive aspects of Bristol as we celebrate the achievements of young Bristolians who have overcome adversity to do great things.
The competition is being supported and fronted by Tasha Mason, a Bristol born model who has competed in competitions such as Miss Bristol, Miss England and Miss Universe. Tasha says:-
“I’m delighted to be supporting the work of Community of Purpose and the Bristol Young Heroes Awards and am really excited about seeing people’s submissions. I’m encouraging everyone I know to register to watch the live online event on 16th December”
How to get involved…
To be in with a chance of winning a brand-new, SIM-free Samsung A90 5G, a once in a lifetime balloon ride (courtesy of Exclusive Ballooning) and a beauty treatment (courtesy of Jay Gee’s Beauty), all you need to do is following these simple steps…
- Get snapping: Get out and take that prize winning photo that captures the #BeautyofBristol
- Send us your photo: Either Direct Message us on Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 14th December.
- Register to the event: Register to the Bristol Young Heroes Awards
The winner of the competition will be announced at the end of the Bristol Young Heroes Awards so do make sure you’re registered to the event to find out how to tune in! We’ll also be featuring the photos during the live show.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to the provisions of the full Terms and Conditions stated and agree to comply fully with them.
- This competition is open to all residents of the UK.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter the competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- Community of Purpose cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- All photographs must be entered via email to email@example.com or via a Direct Message on Instagram.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, Community of Purpose reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
- Community of Purpose does not accept responsibility for photos being shown publicly without the permission of above person(s).
- Photos deemed to be offensive, derogatory, sexually explicit, insensitive, inciting violence or generally against Community of Purpose’s high standards for unity, fairness and equality will be disqualified and may result in the police being contacted.
Copyright and reproduction
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered. You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your picture.
- By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to Community of Purpose exclusive license to reproduce the images for the following purposes: Showcasing during the Bristol Young Heroes Awards 2020 and 2021, to form part of a video montage to be used on the Community of Purpose Youtube channel, to have printed and framed and used as part of the same competition in 2021 and for use on all Community of Purpose social media channels.
- All three prizes will be awarded to the winner of the award. These prizes are: A brand new, Sim-free Samsung A90 5G phone, a balloon ride courtesy of Exclusive Ballooning and a beauty treatment courtesy of Jay Gee’s Beauty.
- The exact specification of the Samsung A90 5G phone is subject to availability. Community of Purpose has the right to change the prize to a similar specification of phone should circumstances dictate. The phone will be delivered by secure mail or hand delivered in a COVID-19 secure way (should the winner be within 5 miles of College Green, Bristol).
- The hot air balloon ride is an exclusive packaged offered for one person. The winner must be available to travel to Bristol and take up the ride during The Bristol Balloon Fiesta 2021 (subject to booking with Exclusive Ballooning and according to national COVID-19 safety rules; the prize redemption period may be extended to reflect the period of time that the prize was not redeemable).
- The Jay Gee’s Beauty Treatment is one treatment worth up to £40. This can be used towards any treatment from Facial, Brows & Lashes, Hands & Feet, Tanning, Threading and Waxing. The winner must be available to travel to Portishead, Bristol and attend the therapy in 2021 (subject to booking with Jay Gee’s beauty and according to national COVID-19 safety rules; the prize redemption period may be extended to reflect the period of time that the prize was not redeemable).
The information you provide will be collected and stored by Community of Purpose and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- Community of Purpose reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through this website without giving notice.
If you would like to remove your entry from the competition then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.